Thank you for your interest in a career with Community Medical Center.
Our employees are our most valuable asset. Through direct patient care or a support role, each individual contributes to the mission of Community Medical Center.
We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefits package that includes paid time-off, health/dental/life/long-term disability insurance, retirement plan, tuition assistance, and others. Please see the “Benefits” section for more detailed information. Select positions also qualify for a hiring bonus!
Download our Volunteer ID form Application.
(*To see the Most Current Job Openings, please press Ctrl+F5 to Refresh your browser*)
Certified Nurse Assistant
Dietary Aide – PRN
Paramedic – PRN
Registered Nurse-Emergency Room
Registered Nurse-Med Surg
Community Medical Center is looking for an Accounting Manager. This position works closely with the CFO to oversee the proper accounting of financial transactions. The Accounting Manager ensures that the proper data is accumulated; recorded, analyzed and financial information is reported to management and external reporting agencies on a timely basis. This individual will initiate strategies and help set goals within the department to ensure these functions are integrated in a way to achieve the highest standards in program quality, productivity, patient satisfaction and financial management. The Accounting Manager will also recommend policies and procedures to ensure internal controls within the functions he or she oversees.
This position reviews and reconciles general ledger accounts, accounts receivable, bad debt and accounts payable accounts and resolves any discrepancies; participates in the preparation of hospital financial statements and reports; assists in the identification and analysis of significant fluctuations in balance sheet/income and expense statement balances; maintains the Foundation’s financial records.
• Oversees AP Clerk’s daily tasks/duties and maintenance of AP files. Backup for AP invoice entry and check runs. Reviews accounts payable documents according to established procedures; identify discrepancies and take appropriate corrective action. Oversees the compilation of data and process 1099’s for appropriate vendors in accordance with the provisions of the internal revenue code.
• Prepare selected month-end general ledger account reconciliations.
• Oversee\review daily accounts receivable and miscellaneous posting to the general ledger; and ensures reports and records are maintained according to established policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain accounting policies, procedures and system of internal controls to safeguard financial assets of the organization. Assists in evaluating new or modified accounting systems to provide complete and accurate reports of hospital assets, liabilities and financial transactions. Supervises the installation of such systems.
• Directs the coordination of audit work papers and provides information and assistance to external auditors to facilitate the audits timely and efficient completion. Works as a liaison between the auditors and other departments in obtaining information.
• Coordinates/prepares tax return (Form 990) work papers and provides information and assistance to outside preparers to facilitate timely and efficient completion.
• Manages the daily cash management operations of the hospital to include the movement of money between accounts to cover the daily operations of the hospital and the daily cash receipt activity of the hospital.
• Assists in the capital budget process. Ensures the capital budget is analyzed and costs and procurement are compliant with generally accepted accounting principles and remain within budgetary limitations.
• Ensures all capital items are recorded properly in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and the provisions of FASB. Directs the development of policies and procedures to ensure the proper accounting for the acquisition, transfer and disposition of capital expenditures.
• Prepare sales tax returns.
• Coordinates and conducts fixed asset inventories.
• Prepare various reports and requests for information as required by outside agencies as directed by CFO.
• Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or requested.
Bachelor of Science in Accounting CPA Certification preferred. Thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles. Three to five years of accounting experience, preferably in a healthcare environment. Extensive knowledge of all standard accounting operating procedures and principles. Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, and database software application. Qualified individuals please Apply here. Please also submit Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Certified Nurse Assistant
Community Medical Center is seeking highly motivated Certified Nurse Assistants to join our outstanding team in assisting with the care of our patients. Full-time nights, days, and PRN shifts available. Job duties will include but not limited to taking vitals, answering call lights, housekeeping, providing assistance with personal care including bathing and dressing, and charting in the electronic medical records. Previous experience as a CNA is a plus, however will consider applications from new CNAs. Good customer service skills are essential. Confidentiality is a must. CMC offers competitive wages, shift differentials and an amazing benefit package. If interested in this position, please Apply here.
Community Medical Center, Falls City, NE is seeking a Radiology Technologist to join its team. The position is responsible for performing radiology and CT examinations as directed by practitioners to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. Mammography experience preferred. This is a Part-Time (24 hours per week) benefit eligible position including an evening/weekend on-call rotation. Candidate must be a graduate of an accredited school of Radiology and maintain a state of NE license to take radiographs. If interested in joining a
Top 20 Critical Access Hospital team, please Apply here.
Community Medical Center is looking for hard-working, motivated individuals to join our team as a Housekeeper. We have a part-time Day Shift position and a Full-Time evening shift position. Weekend (one in every eight) and holiday rotation required. The housekeeping associate cleans, sanitizes and maintains the appearance throughout the Hospital. Responsibilities include cleaning patient rooms, public areas, restrooms and offices while ensuring that proper infection control and safety procedures are followed. CMC offers a very competitive wage including shift differential pay, and outstanding benefits. If interested, please Apply here.
Emergency Room Supervisor
Community Medical Center is seeking an Emergency Room Supervisor to play a key role in the delivery of patient care. Job duties include but not limited to:
• Responsible for the clinical and administrative management of the Emergency Room to include nursing staff and paramedics
• Work collaboratively with ancillary departments and Practitioners
• Facilitate EMS transport services
• May be assigned other managerial duties outside the emergency department as needed.
A successful candidate will be a licensed Registered Nurse with a minimum of three years ER experience, but will consider other professionals with a minimum of three years of significant ER experience (Paramedic, Physician Assistant, APRN). A minimum of one year of supervisory and leadership experience is required, as well as certifications in ACLS, TNCC and NRP/ENPC. This is a full-time position with at least 12 hours per week working on the Med-Surg or ER floor including a weekend/holiday rotation. Key attributes will include an ability to get things done in a group environment, initiative to solve problems, knowledge of process improvement methodologies, commitment to patient experience, and communication approach with patients, staff, and physicians. If interested in this position, please Apply here.
Dietary Aide – PRN
Community Medical Center has a PRN/casual position opening in its Dietary Department. We are seeking a positive and self-motivated individual to work as a team member to assist with cleaning, stocking, dishwashing, food preparation and food service. Qualified individuals must have a high school diploma, cooking skills, the ability to use equipment, and excellent people skills. CMC offers competitive wages including weekend differential pay. If interested, please Apply here.
Paramedic – PRN
CMC has an opening for a skilled PRN Paramedic. This position will provide clinical care to emergency room patients under the direction of the Emergency Room RN. Responds to 911 calls, assisting the Falls City Volunteer Ambulance Service. ALS transfers to higher level of care in coordination with FCVAS. Assist Med/Surg patients under the direction of the Charge Nurse. We offer 24-hour shifts, a competitive salary and benefit package. Successful candidate will have NE EMT-P license, ACLS, BLS, PALS, and PHTLS; obtain NRP within 6 months of hire. Must possess a valid driver’s license. Prefer 1 year experience with an ALS service. Successful candidates will possess a sense of autonomy as the only ALS responder working in conjunction with the local BLS squad for 911 and transfer calls. If you enjoy practicing in a rural area where you can make a difference and utilize your skills in the hospital setting, in the field, and while performing long distance transfers, please Apply here.
Registered Nurse – Emergency Room
Community Medical Center is hiring ER experienced RN’s. Night shift hours available working from 7p-7a. Our Emergency Room is a Level IV Trauma Center equipped to take care of minor and major emergencies in Richardson County, NE and surrounding communities. Your primary assignment would be in the ER and with the “expectation to assist in coverage” of med-surg when needed. Complete assessment/reassessment of patient and document in medical record. Develop and implement plan of care based upon the assessment, diagnosis, and expected outcomes of patient. You will work with hospital employed Paramedics that assist our community 911 calls and 24/7 staffed Hospitalists who are ATLS certified in advanced trauma care. Graduate of school of nursing required. RN-Licensed in State of Nebraska. BLS, ACLS, TNCC, NRP and PALS/ENPC required (or receive 6 months after starting). Great benefits, competitive pay, and fabulous co-workers! If interested in becoming part of our team, please Apply here.
Registered Nurse – Med/Surg
Community Medical Center is seeking Registered Nurses to join its team. We have night shift hours available. These positions are on the med-surg unit.
Must be a licensed registered nurse with basic computer skills, detail-oriented and the ability to communicate effectively. Competitive pay, great benefits, outstanding co-workers! New graduates of nursing school are encouraged to apply! Great benefits, competitive pay, and fabulous co-workers! Apply here.
For a general application submission, please Apply here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.