Health Services

Falls City Community Medical Center
3307 Barada Street
PO Box 399
Falls City, NE 68355
Phone: 402-245-2428
CEO: Ryan Larsen
Programs offered:

Falls City Family Medicine Clinic
3307 Barada Street
Falls City, NE 68355
Phone: 402-245-4475
Clinic Manager:  Jina Santo
Providers: Dr. David Borg, Gayle Keller, APRN, Sandra Catlin, APRN

Humboldt Family Medicine Clinic
1120 Grand Ave
Humboldt, NE 68376
Phone: 402-862-3280
Clinic Manager: Jina Santo
Providers: Sandra Catlin , APRN, Gayle Keller, APRN, & Carrie Ramsey, PA
Hours: Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm, closed on Fridays.

Falls City Family Practice, P.C.
1423 Stone Street
Falls City, NE 68355
Phone: 402-245-3232
Office Manager: Sherrie Cottrell
Providers:  Dr. Allan Tramp, Celeste Jones, PA-C, Elisa Rottinghaus, PA-C
*Offers “Patient in Need Medication program”. Must be a patient of Family Practice to qualify.

Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services (DHHS) – MEDICAID
Physical Address:
301 Centennial Mall South
Lincoln, Nebraska 68508

Medical Eligibility–Customer Service Contact:
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday, closed weekends & federal and state holidays
Website information:  “DHHS administers the Medicaid Program which provides health care services to eligible elderly and disabled individuals and eligible low-income pregnant women, children and parents.”

Economic Assistance–Customer Service Contact:
Call: 1-800-383-4278
8:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday,closed weekends & federal and state holidays
Website information:  AABD (Assistance to the Aged, Blind, or Disabled), ADC (Aid to Dependent Children),Cancer Drug Repository Program, Child Care Support (Subsidy), Child Support Enforcement, CSFP (Commodity Supplemental Food Program), EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer), Emergency Cash Assistance, Employment First, Energy Assistance, Every Woman Matters, Financial Services, Administration, Food Distribution Program, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) {formerly Food Stamps} , Homeless, In-home Services (SSBG), CHIP (Children’s Health Insurance)
Medicaid / Medicare, Refugees, SSI (Supplemental Security Income), WIC (Women, Infants & Children Program)

Nebraska DHHS
Hotline: 1-800-254-4202
Helping with: Behavioral health, Children and Family Services, Developmental Disabilities, Medicaid and Long Term Care, Public Health, Veteran’s Homes, Adoption, Licensing and Registration, etc.
Website information: “Helping people live better lives.”

Mental Health – Blue Valley Behavioral Health
116 W. 19th Street
Falls City, NE 68355
Phone: 402-245-4458
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Wednesday: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Website Information: “Our mental health staff actively treats both adults and youth who are experiencing a variety of emotional and/or behavioral difficulties. These mental health issues may include depression, anxiety, anger control, family conflict, childhood disorders along with many other behavioral health areas. Counseling will be provided on an individual, family, group and/or marital basis. In addition, Medication Management and school based services are also provided.”

Richardson County Cancer Fund, Inc 
P.O. Box 222
Falls City, NE 68355
Phone: 402-245-2491
From their website:  “The Richardson County Cancer Fund, Inc., is a local organization serving the people of Richardson County.  Our mission and purpose is to provide monetary assistance to Richardson County residents for transportation costs incurred during cancer treatments outside of Richardson County.”

Alcoholics Anonymous
For Richardson County, contact: 402-245-3925
*Meetings are held in Falls City, NE

Immunizations – (DHHS)
Southeast District Health Department (serving Richardson County)
2511 Schneider Ave
Auburn, NE 68305
Phone: 402-274-3993

Nebraska Commission for the Blind & Visually Impaired – (DHHS)
4600 Valley Road, Suite 100
Lincoln, NE 68510-4844
Toll Free: 877.809.2419
Fax: 402.471.3009

Family Planning – Family Health Services, Inc.
Lincoln: 402-466-1012
Southeast Nebraska areas: 402-335-2988
Website information: “Family Health Services is here to help you Love Safely! Our primary purpose is to ensure the reproductive health of men and women by offering confident and caring exams, treatment and prevention at a low cost. (Confidential STD testing and treatment, contraceptives, breast cancer screening, pelvic exams, reproductive health, STD risks, etc.)”

Partnership for Prescription Assistance
Prescription Assistance, call: 1-888-477-2669
Website information:“The Partnership for Prescription Assistance helps qualifying patients without prescription drug coverage gets the medicines they need for free or nearly free.  There is Only One PPA.Other companies may offer to connect consumers to these same assistance programs for a fee — some of which use our name without our permission. The Partnership for Prescription Assistance will help you find the program that’s right for you, free of charge. We will never ask for payment information.”

Nebraska DNA Testing/Paternity Testing  – DDC (DNA Diagnostic Center)
1-800-DNA-CENTER (1-800-362-2368) *Free consultation
Website information:  “DDC provides DNA testing services to all U.S. states and in countries worldwide. We can arrange separate appointments for each tested party, even those living in different states or countries.  Schedule your appointment today by calling our consultants—we’ll arrange sample collection at a location most convenient for you.”

Nutrition Services

WIC (Women, Infants and Children Program)
First United Methodist Church
17th & Harlan Street
Falls City, NE 68355
Phone: 402-335-2988
*They are in Falls City the 2nd Monday of every month. Call first for times of availability.
*Nebraska WIC (Women, Infants, and Children) is the special supplemental nutrition program for women, infants and children.

Food – Back Pack Program
Contact: Southeast Nebraska Communications at 402-245-4451
Speak with: Chuck Whitney
“In 2009, the Falls City Public Schools partnered with Southeast Nebraska Communications (SNC), Southeast Nebraska Community Action (SENCA), The Lincoln Food Bank along with various businesses, organizations, and volunteers in the Falls City area to start a weekend Back Pack Food Program. The program benefits students and their families from the Falls City North and South schools during the school year by providing nutritious food to help ensure healthy meals during the weekend.”

“The back packs are filled on Thursday’s and then sent home on Friday. The back packs are returned on Monday when the child arrives at school and then the process is repeated each week throughout the school year.  If willing to donate, the average cost to sponsor one youth per semester is $100, or $200 for the entire year.”

SENCA – Food pantry (for qualifying Richardson County citizens)
Room 103, Courthouse
Falls City, NE
Phone: 402-245-5284
Contact: Melissa Hardenberger
*Call or visit SENCA to obtain information on qualifying factors in order to receive goods from the food pantry.  You may also donate at any time to the SENCA food pantry.

Food – for (qualifying) Families & Seniors
Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP), Lincoln NE
Phone: 1-800-942-1171 or 402-729-2278
From DHHS website: “The Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) serves seniors aged 60 or above who are residents of Nebraska and meet income-eligibility guidelines. It also serves income-eligible women who are pregnant, who have given birth within the past year or who are breastfeeding, and children under the age of six who are not already being served by the Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC).”

Meals on Wheels, Congregate Meals
Various forms of Congregate and Meals on Wheels Programs are available in Richardson County.
Falls City contact: Maggie Behrends, 402-245-3871
          *Cost is $3.00 but will accept any payment based on ability to pay. 
Humboldt contact: SENCA, 402-862-2411, ext. 105 or 1-888-313-5608
*Pam Armknecht, Family Services Director.  Email:
*SENCA will notify Colonial Acres to start meals 402-862-3123.  M-F, no holidays       
Rulo area: Becky/Sac Fox Reservation, 782-595-3501

SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program)
(formerly known as the Food Stamp Program)
Outreach Assistance Outline: 1-855-444-5556
You can apply online at:
“Helps individuals and families buy nutritious food by providing a monthly allotment of benefits on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card. SNAP benefits are available to anyone that qualifies.”

Education Services

Head Start- in Falls City, NE     
320 W 14th Street
Falls City, NE 68355
Phone: 402-245-4983
Website: , “Youth Education” tab
Website information:  “Head Start is a comprehensive child development program which serves children from age 3 to 5 and their families. This is a child-focused program and has the overall goal of increasing the school readiness of young children in low-income families. The program involves the whole family through the four cornerstones of Head Start: child development, family partnerships, community partnerships, and staff.”

Developmental Assessment – children
3901 North 27th Street, Suite 5
Lincoln, NE 68521
Phone: 1-888-806-6287
*Serving Nebraska

Planned Parenthood of the Heartland           
Lincoln South Health Center
5631 S. 48th Street
Suite 100
Lincoln, NE 68516
Phone: 877-811-7526

Planned Parenthood of the Heartland 
Northwest Health Center
3105 N. 93rd St
Omaha, NE 68134
Phone: 1-877-811-7526
Website information:  “We are a trusted health care provider, an informed educator, a passionate advocate, and a global partner helping similar organizations around the world. Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people worldwide.”

Transportation for Seniors and/or Handicapped

Richardson County Transit – SENCA
221 West 16th Street
Falls City, NE 68355
Call: 402-245-3664
Fees: Fare varies by route
Area Served: Richardson County
“Service Description: Provides a county-wide transit service serving the general public with priority for the elderly and handicapped. Transportation operates on a regular schedule providing both local and out-of-area door-to-door service.”

League of Human Dignity – Lincoln
Disability Related Transportation
1701 P Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Phone: (402) 441-7871

Housing Services

Jonesbrook Estates Assisted Living
1010 East 21st Street
Falls City, NE 68355
Phone: 402-245-6033

Senior and Disabled Affordable Apartments – “Fulton Villa”
2223 Fulton St.
Falls City, NE 68355
Phone: 402-862-2411
General Information:“Fulton Villa is a senior and/or disabled affordable housing complex. It features twelve spacious apartments, a community room, and laundry facilities. Rental assistance is provided by USDA Rural Development to eligible residents meeting Rural Development guidelines. A utility allowance is deducted from each resident’s rent to help defray their utility costs. Appliances, water, sewer, lawn care, snow removal, and trash service are provided at no additional cost to the residents. Qualified applicants are 62 years or age or older or 18 years of age or older with a verified disability. Rent is based on income. Pets are allowed!”

Humboldt NE Housing Authority, Low Income Housing
Humboldt Nebraska Housing Authority:
626 Parkview Drive
Humboldt, NE 68376
Phone:  402-862-3201
*Call to volunteer or find safe, affordable, low income housing, homeless shelters and soup kitchens.

Falls City Housing Authority, Low Income Housing
800 E 21st St
Falls City, NE 68355
Phone: 402-245-4204

SENCA – Project First
802 Fourth Street
Humboldt, NE
Phone: 402-862-2411  ext. 105
or 1-888-313-5608
Contact: Pam Armknecht
From website: “This project is known as Project First (Families in Residence with Support in Transition). Anyone needing these services or wanting to refer or find resources for homeless families may do so by contacting the Community Services Coordinator at the SENCA Central Office in Humboldt, NE.”

“Basic Needs” Assistance (Shelter, Clothing, Non-emergent help, etc.)

Falls City Area Ministerial Association Inc. (FCAMA)
1602 Harlan Street
Falls City, NE
Helpline: 402-245-6111
*Important Notice:  This phone line is not staffed full time and they do not have the available funds/items to help everybody’s situation.A shared ministry of the churches of the Falls City area, the FCAMA Helpline is a source for non-emergency, occasional aid for people in need of temporary assistance. Some common areas include: food aid (in the form of vouchers from Sun Mart), utility assistance, and gasoline assistance. Other assistance may be available by request, but will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis; in many cases, you may receive some assistance and be referred to other area agencies for additional help. To request assistance, call the number listed above and leave a brief message detailing your request. Please allow 2-3 days for a return phone call, as the line is staffed by volunteers. Most FC area churches support the helpline, and will likely refer you there if you contact them directly.

SENCA – Richardson County Outreach
Room 103, Courthouse
Falls City, NE
Phone: 402-245-5284
Contact: Melissa Hardenberger

  1. Rental assistance for eviction notices & first month’s rent. Must meet income guidelines, must have some form of income, must enroll & participate in Family Development Case Management. Can only assist one (1) time in a twelve month period. Can only help with one month rent.
  2. Utility assistance for shut off notices. Must meet income guidelines, must have some form of income, must enroll & participate in Family Development Case Management. Can only assist one (1) time in a twelve month period. Can only help with one month’s bill and the rest of the bill must be paid before I can pay anything.
  3. Can help with gas to doctor’s appointments only. Can only do this if you have to travel long distances, (i.e. Lincoln, Omaha, St. Joseph). Can only help with a limited amount. Will not fill tank. Can only do it every few months, not continual.
  4. Can also help with prescriptions. Must be a necessary medication. Can only do on a limited basis. One time a year usually. Cannot pay an entire medication if it is very expensive.

**Absolutely NO deposits, late fees or reconnect fees paid. Funding is usually very limited so rarely is SENCA able to pay the whole bill. The customer must pay their part before SENCA can pay. Also, cannot help with propane or phone bills.**

SENCA – North Richardson County Outreach
802 Fourth Street
Humboldt, NE 68376
Phone: 402-862-2411
“Investing in our neighbors through education and partnerships to improve lives and build strong communities in Southeast Nebraska.”

SENCA – Project First
802 Fourth Street
Humboldt, NE
Phone: 402-862-2411  ext. 105
or 1-888-313-5608
Contact: Pam Armknecht
From website: “This project is known as Project First (Families in Residence with Support in Transition). Anyone needing these services or wanting to refer or find resources for homeless families may do so by contacting the Community Services Coordinator at the SENCA Central Office in Humboldt, NE.”

Abuse Reporting & Prevention / Emergency

Child Abuse Prevention                                                    
Child Advocacy Center
5025 Garland Street
Lincoln, NE 68504
Phone: 1-402-476-3200
Website information:  “The mission of the Child Advocacy Center is to provide Lincoln, Lancaster County and Southeast Nebraska with a coordinated, team approach to the problem of child abuse. Our goals are to reduce trauma, seek justice, and foster hope and healing for children and their non-offending caregivers. The Child Advocacy Center establishes a safe, child friendly environment for interviews and medical evaluations for the alleged child victim and offers continued support to the child and non-offending family members. We also promote specialized training for professionals as well as public education and prevention efforts.
The Child Advocacy Center is a non-profit organization providing a safe, child friendly location for conducting forensic interviews and medical evaluations for abused children in Southeast Nebraska. We also recognize that we work as part of a team with law enforcement, Health and Human Services, medical personnel, mental health providers and prosecutors.”

Crying Baby Helpline
Shaken Baby Task Force
Jennie Edmundson Hospital
933 East Pierce
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
Phone: 712-396-4200
24-Hour Hotline:  1-866-243-BABY (2229)
Website information:  “For a free packet or for additional information, visit or contact the Family Resource Center at (712) 396-4200. “Crying does not hurt the baby. It’s okay to feel overwhelmed, but it’s not okay to take that frustration out on a baby. Just a few seconds of violent shaking can change the child’s life and yours forever.”

  • Place the baby in a safe place, like a crib, and leave the room.
  • Only return to the room when you feel calm.
  • Relax, breathe deeply, count to 10, then 20.
  • Ask a friend or relative to ‘take over’ for a while.
  • Ask for support from someone who understands the frustration of caring for a crying baby.
  • Call the 24-hour hotline at 866-243-BABY (2229).

Child Abuse & Neglect
DHHS – Child Welfare and Adult Protective and Safety services
301 Centennial Mall South
Lincoln, NE 68509
Hotline: 1-800-652-1999
Website information: “The Division of Children and Family Services (DCFS) includes child welfare, adult protective services, economic support programs and the youth rehabilitation and treatment centers. Child Welfare and Adult Protective and Safety services include prevention activities and coordination, child and adult protective services, foster care and independent living, adoption, domestic violence, safety and treatment services, and educational initiatives.”

American Red Cross – Southeast Nebraska Service Center
-Disaster Related Clothing/Emergency Supplies
-Disaster Related Shelter Services
-Post Disaster Food Services
205 North 4th Street
Beatrice, NE 68310
Phone: (402) 223-4211

Family Violence Council (serving Richardson County)
4600 Valley Road, Ste 324
Lincoln, NE 68510
Office Phone: 402-489-9292
Fax: 402-483-4184

Salvation Army Emergency Disaster Services
Disaster Related Clothing/Emergency Supplies
10755 Burt Street
Omaha, NE 68114
Phone: 402-510-4403
*Serving state of Nebraska

Project Response (serving Richardson County)
(Helping with: Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, Children Services, Abuse Intervention)
PO Box 213
908 13th Street
Auburn, NE 68305
Office: 402-274-5092
Crisis: 402-274-5092 or 1-800-456-5764
Fax: 402-274-2546

Project Response-Nebraska City
917 Wildwood Lane, Rm 113
Nebraska City, NE 68410