Yes, CMC has our HOPE (Helpful Option for Patients Expenses) program which is our financial assistance. It goes by your household size and income. HOPE is available for the services and provider fee that we bill for. If you need assistance with the providers bill you can reach out to their business office to see if there are options available to you.
Pain Be Can Debilitating. Let Our Specialists Help.
It can stop you in your tracks. It can make you miserable and take the joy out of life.
Pain is a wide spectrum of disorders. It ranges from acute pain to chronic pain. Pain can also be related to treatment of cancers. An appointment to see one of compassionate and empathetic specialists might just get you back to living and enjoying life.
Note – some procedures do require pre-authorization from insurance companies. Those authorizations can take up to 21 business days. Fortunately, we have two pain specialists in Falls City.
3307 Barada Street
Falls City, NE 68355
We offer interventional pain treatment and offer choices for pain control.
- ESI (Epidural Steroid Injections)
- Migraine Management
- Spinal Cord Simulators (psychological evaluation is required before these can be authorized – this process takes several weeks or longer.)
**We do not offer long-term narcotic medication management.
What To Expect
- Please arrive 15 -30 minutes prior to your appointment.
- You will check in with our admissions team. Please have your identification (Driver’s license or ID card) and a current copy of your insurance card. The admission staff will direct to the Outpatient Department.
- Each specialist has their own forms they want you to fill out. While we do have your information, their clinics have different information and questions they will ask you. We are working on online forms for your convenience.
- When the staff member takes you back to your exam room, they will take your weight (we know, none of us like it but it is necessary information), blood pressure, oxygen level, and ask you about your medications. (An updated list of meds is a must, especially for a first-time patient.)
- Wait times for your appointment can vary. Some clinic visits with certain providers are scheduled around surgeries. Sometimes, surgeries run longer than anticipated. Your patience and understanding in those situations are greatly appreciated.
- Blood draws sometimes are required for appointments. If they aren’t arranged ahead of time, you may have to step over to our lab and one of our laboratory team members will take care of you.
Ruth Petros, DNP, CRNA, NSPM-C
Ruth Petros, DNP, CRNA< NSPM-C, specializes in non-surgical pain relief and does use epidural spinal injections (ESI).
Ruth Petros, DNP, CRNA, NSPM-C completed her Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist program at University of Kansas in 2016. Ruth practiced in Carroll, IA prior to joining CMC in April 2018.
Ruth completed a Chronic Pain Management Fellowship at Texas Christian University 2019.
Specialty: Anesthesia, Pain Management
Dr. Karle Haake
Dr. Karl Haake uses ESI, spinal cord stimulators, and radiofrequency ablation depending on the needs of the patient.
Dr. Karle Haake received his medical degree from Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, NE and Resident, Anesthesiology from the University of Nebraska, Omaha. He uses a multi-disciplinary approach to treat patient’s pain, including interventional, behavioral and pharmacological options.
Why Turn To Community Medical Center of Falls City?
There are a lot of reasons to work with the incredible professionals at CMCFC. Our incredible facility, community engagement, and patient-centric approach—just to name a few. But some of the biggest reasons to work with our team are that we are:
Caring for our patients is our passion. When you come to CMCFC, you’re coming to a professional team that will always put your health first.
We will always listen. You know your health best, and when something is wrong we will hear you, believe you, and work with you to find a solution.
For over 100 years, Southeastern Nebraska has depended upon the Community Medical Center of Falls City for quality medical care. Our providers are experts in their fields and provide world-class care to our community.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may call 402-245-6542 and get information.
You may find the application online at www.cmcfc.org under the financial assistance tab. You may pick up an application at CMC front admissions. You may have an application mailed to you.
CMC provides the service (technical component) and the doctors or specialists bill for their professional services.
Some insurance plans take up to 90 days or more to pay a claim. The patient is not sent a statement until your insurance has processed your claim.
Due to HIPAA, we are not allowed to disclose any information to anyone other than the patient if they are over the age of 19 unless permission is granted to us by the patient. It is the law and we have to follow it.