Yes, CMC has our HOPE (Helpful Option for Patients Expenses) program, which is our financial assistance. It goes by your household size and income. HOPE is available for the services and provider fee that we bill for. If you need assistance with the providers bill you can reach out to their business office to see if there are options available to you.
Your Eyes Are Your Windows To the World
You only have one set of eyes. If you are needing specialized treatments, look no further than a trip to Falls City to see Dr. Peter Simone.
Dr. Simone see patients at Falls City. (You may need a referral from your optometrist or primary care physician but call our Outpatient Specialty Clinic to confirm).
- Cataract Surgery (dropless)
- Intraocular lenses
- Macular degeneration Therapy
- Eyelid Surgery
- Oculoplastic treatment
- Glaucoma Treatments
- Dry Eye Treatments
- YAG laser capsulotomy (correction for cloudiness months, years after cataract surgery)
What To Expect
- Please arrive 15 -30 minutes prior to your appointment.
- You will check in with our admissions team. Please have your identification (Driver’s license or ID card) and a current copy of your insurance card. The admission staff will direct to the Outpatient Department.
- Each specialist has their own forms they want you to fill out. While we do have your information, their clinics have different information and questions they will ask you. We are working on online forms for your convenience.
- When the staff member takes you back to your exam room, they will take your weight (we know, none of us like it but it is necessary information), blood pressure, oxygen level, and ask you about your medications. (An updated list of meds is a must, especially for a first-time patient.)
- Wait times for your appointment can vary. Some clinic visits with certain providers are scheduled around surgeries. Sometimes, surgeries run longer than anticipated. Your patience and understanding in those situations are greatly appreciated.
- Blood draws sometimes are required for appointments. If they aren’t arranged ahead of time, you may have to step over to our lab and one of our laboratory team members will take care of you.
Dr. Peter Simone, MD
Dr. Peter Simone is a graduate of Rockhurst University, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in chemistry; and the University of Nebraska Medical Center, where he was a member of the MD-PhD Scholars Program and graduated with a PhD in cancer research and MD with distinction. He completed his internal medicine residency at Florida Atlantic University, and is currently completing his residency in ophthalmology at the University of South Carolina. He served as Academic Chief Resident during his final year.
His academic writing and research has been widely published, and he regularly presents research. During his PhD, he studied the molecular nano-structure of several proteins, including the mutation of an enzyme that removes certain toxic chemicals from cells. The mutation has been implicated in adverse reactions to several medications.
When Dr. Simone isn’t working or researching, he enjoys listening to, playing and composing music; literature; film; mathematics, home repair; spending time with his wife, two daughters and dog; and travel.
Dr. Brandon Menke is a graduate of University of Iowa, where he attended the Carver College of Medicine for medical school. He completed a Doris Duke Clinical Research fellowship in retinal regeneration which resulted in the development of a potentially curative therapeutic technique for blindness shown to regenerate retinal tissue. His work also drove him to study molecular signaling and the pathogenesis of Type II Diabetes and University of Iowa’s Department of Pediatrics.
Dr. Menke’s findings have been featured in numerous publications, and he has received a number of awards and accolades for his vision and innovation. After completing his surgical residency at UnityPoint in Iowa, he headed to South Carolina to complete an Ophthalmology residency at Palmetto Health. After 3 years in Columbia, SC, he arrived here in Omaha to join the team at ilumin.
In his free time, Dr. Menke enjoys spending time with his wife, Psychologist Kristen Menke, their beautiful newborn daughter, Sloane Adelaide Menke, and cat, Flanagan.
Why Turn To Community Medical Center of Falls City?
There are a lot of reasons to work with the incredible professionals at CMCFC. Our incredible facility, community engagement, and patient-centric approach—just to name a few. But some of the biggest reasons to work with our team are that we are:
Caring for our patients is our passion. When you come to CMCFC, you’re coming to a professional team that will always put your health first.
We will always listen. You know your health best, and when something is wrong we will hear you, believe you, and work with you to find a solution.
For over 100 years, Southeastern Nebraska has depended upon the Community Medical Center of Falls City for quality medical care. Our providers are experts in their fields and provide world-class care to our community.
Schedule an Appointment
Come to the team that will make your eye health our priority. Contact our Outpatient Specialty Clinic at Community Medical Center of Falls City to schedule an appointment today!
Frequently Asked Questions
You may call 402-245-6542 and get information.
You may find the application online at www.cmcfc.org under the financial assistance tab. You may pick up an application at CMC front admissions. You may have an application mailed to you.
CMC provides the service (technical component) and the doctors or specialists bill for their professional services.
Some insurance plans take up to 90 days or more to pay a claim. The patient is not sent a statement until your insurance has processed your claim.
Due to HIPAA, we are not allowed to disclose any information to anyone other than the patient if they are over the age of 19 unless permission is granted to us by the patient. It is the law and we have to follow it.