Yes, CMC has our HOPE (Helpful Option for Patients Expenses) program, which is our financial assistance. It goes by your household size and income. HOPE is available for the services and provider fee that we bill for. If you need assistance with the provider’s bill you can reach out to their business office to see if there are options available to you.
Feel Like Yourself Again
Do you or your child suffer from chronic ear infections? Tonsils making swallowing difficult? Sinus chronically infected and the pressure headaches suck?
Talk to your primary care physician for a referral to see our Ear, Nose and Throat specialist. Dr. John Pflug.
Common problems include ear infections, tonsillitis, asthma, and allergies.
Dr. Pflug sees patients of all ages and he does minor procedures, such as putting in tubes and removing tonsils and adenoids, here in Falls City.
What We Treat
- Chronic ear infections
- Congenital abnormalities (like a cleft palate or lip or a loss of smell)
- Deviated septum repairs
- Eardrum perforation repairs
- Ear tube inserts
- Hearing aid fittings
- Hearing loss
- Plastic and maxillofacial surgeries
- Reconstructive surgery
- Sleep disorders (sleep apnea)
- Speech disorders
- Swallowing disorders
- Tumor removal from the head and neck
What To Expect
- Please arrive 15 -30 minutes prior to your appointment.
- You will check in with our admissions team. Please have your identification (Driver’s license or ID card) and a current copy of your insurance card. The admission staff will direct to the Outpatient Department.
- Each specialist has their own forms they want you to fill out. While we do have your information, their clinics have different information and questions they will ask you. We are working on online forms for your convenience.
- When the staff member takes you back to your exam room, they will take your weight (we know, none of us like it but it is necessary information), blood pressure, oxygen level, and ask you about your medications. (An updated list of meds is a must, especially for a first-time patient.)
- Wait times for your appointment can vary. Some clinic visits with certain providers are scheduled around surgeries. Sometimes, surgeries run longer than anticipated. Your patience and understanding in those situations are greatly appreciated.
- Blood draws sometimes are required for appointments. If they aren’t arranged ahead of time, you may have to step over to our lab and one of our laboratory team members will take care of you.
John W. Pflug, MD
Dr. Pflug is a native of Omaha, Nebraska and started his college career as a Cornhusker at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln. He received his medical degree from the University of Nebraska Medical Center, performed his surgical residency at the University of Kansas in Wichita, and completed his ear, nose and throat residency at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, Nebraska. Dr. Pflug practiced in Kearney, Nebraska for 15 years before returning to Omaha in 2009, where he specializes in both pediatric and adult Otolaryngology. He is currently licensed in Nebraska, Iowa and Montana, and he travels extensively to various specialty clinics in those areas, as well as serving as the Medical Director at Lifetime Fitness.
Dr. Pflug has been serving Omaha and the surrounding area since 1995, and he strives to be a leader in the field of Otolaryngology, providing family-friendly services in a compassionate environment.
Why Turn To Community Medical Center of Falls City?
There are a lot of reasons to work with the incredible professionals at CMCFC. Our incredible facility, community engagement, and patient-centric approach—just to name a few. But some of the biggest reasons to work with our team are that we are:
Caring for our patients is our passion. When you come to CMCFC, you’re coming to a professional team that will always put your health first.
We will always listen. You know your health best, and when something is wrong we will hear you, believe you, and work with you to find a solution.
For over 100 years, Southeastern Nebraska has depended upon the Community Medical Center of Falls City for quality medical care. Our providers are experts in their fields and provide world-class care to our community.
Schedule an Appointment
Come to the team who makes your healthcare our priority. Contact our Outpatient Specialty Clinic at Community Medical Center of Falls City to schedule an appointment today!
Frequently Asked Questions
You may call 402-245-6542 and get information.
You may find the application online at www.cmcfc.org under the financial assistance tab. You may pick up an application at CMC front admissions. You may have an application mailed to you.
CMC provides the service (technical component) and the doctors or specialists bill for their professional services.
Some insurance plans take up to 90 days or more to pay a claim. The patient is not sent a statement until your insurance has processed your claim.
Due to HIPAA, we are not allowed to disclose any information to anyone other than the patient if they are over the age of 19 unless permission is granted to us by the patient. It is the law and we have to follow it.