No, you do not need a referral but he will do testing ordered by your provider.
Hear Better. Live Better.
Do conversations seem muffled? Do you have a hard time hearing soft voices? Can’t hear the radio or TV without having the volume way up? Missing out on important conversations with loved ones? Are you having issues with balance?
Call today to see Dr. Matthew Lucas. He is able to identify, assess and manage hearing and balance problems in people of all ages.
How it Works
To explore your symptoms and/or learn about your (or your child’s) unique audiology needs, we encourage you to schedule a hearing test with HearSafe.
What We Treat
Dr. Lucas will do all your testing for hearing aides ordered by your provider. You do not need an order or referral from your primary care practitioner to schedule an appointment.
Please note, the cost of hearing aides is generally not covered by Medicare or most insurance carriers. Medicaid might cover the cost, but it can take several months for a decision on that.
What To Expect
- Please arrive 15 -30 minutes prior to your appointment.
- You will check in with our admissions team. Please have your identification (Driver’s license or ID card) and a current copy of your insurance card. The admission staff will direct to the Outpatient Department.
- Each specialist has their own forms they want you to fill out. While we do have your information, their clinics have different information and questions they will ask you. We are working on online forms for your convenience.
- When the staff member takes you back to your exam room, they will take your weight (we know, none of us like it but it is necessary information), blood pressure, oxygen level, and ask you about your medications. (An updated list of meds is a must, especially for a first-time patient.)
- Wait times for your appointment can vary. Some clinic visits with certain providers are scheduled around surgeries. Sometimes, surgeries run longer than anticipated. Your patience and understanding in those situations are greatly appreciated.
- Blood draws sometimes are required for appointments. If they aren’t arranged ahead of time, you may have to step over to our lab and one of our laboratory team members will take care of you.
Matthew Lucas, Audiologist M.S.
Bachelor of Science, University of Hawaii in Speech Pathology and Audiology
Master of Science, Washington University in St. Louis in Speech and Hearing
Doctor of Audiology, University of Florida
Member of ASHA, The American Speech-Hearing-Language Association
Certified Clinically Competent in Audiology (CCC-A), ASHA
Private Practice Audiologist for over 20 years
Why Turn To Community Medical Center of Falls City?
There are a lot of reasons to work with the incredible professionals at CMCFC. Our incredible facility, community engagement, and patient-centric approach—just to name a few. But some of the biggest reasons to work with our team are that we are:
Caring for our patients is our passion. When you come to CMCFC, you’re coming to a professional team that will always put your health first.
We will always listen. You know your health best, and when something is wrong we will hear you, believe you, and work with you to find a solution.
For over 100 years, Southeastern Nebraska has depended upon the Community Medical Center of Falls City for quality medical care. Our providers are experts in their fields and provide world-class care to our community.
Schedule an Appointment
Visit the team that will make your care our priority. Contact the Community Medical Center of Falls City to schedule an appointment today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! SImply call 402-245-6522.
Depending on the clinic, someone from our staff may call, or the specialist’s office may call. The results can take up to two weeks.
Yes, CMC has our HOPE (Helpful Option for Patients Expenses) program, which is our financial assistance. It goes by your household size and income. HOPE is available for the services and provider fee that we bill for. If you need assistance with the providers bill, you can reach out to their business office to see if there are options available to you.
You may call 402-245-6542 and get information.
You may find the application online at www.cmcfc.org under the financial assistance tab. You may pick up an application at CMC front admissions. You may have an application mailed to you.
CMC provides the service (technical component) and the doctors or specialists bill for their professional services.
Some insurance plans take up to 90 days or more to pay a claim. The patient is not sent a statement until your insurance has processed your claim.
Due to HIPAA, we are not allowed to disclose any information to anyone other than the patient if they are over the age of 19, unless permission is granted to us by the patient. It is the law and we have to follow it.