RESTOReSpeech Therapy at CMC
Speech Therapy services are available at CMC as well as home health.
In a medical setting the RESTORe Speech-language pathologists (SLP) assess, diagnose, treat and help to prevent oral motor, swallowing, cognitive-linguistic, speech and language disorders.
These professionals work with individuals whose oral motor, swallowing, cognitive-linguistic, speech, or language skills have been impacted by a neurological event or disease, head and/or neck cancer, or possibly a debilitation related to an underlying medical disease process.
The patient’s condition can result from a variety of neurological events, including brain injury, stroke, seizure, progressive disease, cancer, and/or debilitation related to other medical diseases. The SLP uses physical examination, instrumental technology, and standardized cognitive-linguistic and language tests to diagnose and guide treatment.
SLP develops an individualized plan of care, specific to each patient’s needs. That may include the following:
- Alternate nutrition based upon aspiration risk when swallowing
- Diet level modification to reduce aspiration risk when swallowing
- Design an individualized augmentative communication system or prescribe a speech generating device for individuals with nonfunctional speech
- Provide education to patients, their family members and caregivers regarding impairments, disease processes, and compensatory strategies
- Develop daily home programs unique to each individual’s strengths and weakness that facilitate maintenance of swallowing, cognitive-linguistic, speech, or language skills at an optimal level.
Personalized services are through referral and appointments.
Hours: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
For more information call (785) 741-0781
Mandy Graham, MA, CCC-SLP
Owner, Speech Language Pathologist RESTORe