Community Resource Guide

Directory of Community Resources

Emergency: 911

Community Medical Center, Falls City, Nebraska : 402-245-2428

Health and Human Services Falls City call center: 402-245-4431

Blue Valley Behavioral Health Center: 402-245-4458

Blue Rivers Agency on Aging: 888-317-9417 or 402-223-1376

Falls City Economic Development (EDGE)


Abuse/Neglect- 24 hr. hotline (Child and Adult/Elder): 877-504-0847 Reporting hotline: 800-652-1999

Nebraska Respite Network: 211 N. 14th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508

Project Response  Crisis Hotline: 1-800-456-5764

Home Health:

Good Samaritan Society Home Care of Southeast Nebraska (402) 274-5541

Lyons Quality Home Services  402-245-6144


Ascera Care – Beatrice 402-228-6262

Tabitha Hospice  1-800-487-3484

Life Assist USA/Community Medical center: 402-245-2428

Community Medical Center 3307 Barada Street, P.O. Box 399 Falls City, NE 68355

Meals on Wheels:

Falls City Senior Center: 402-245-3871

Humboldt (SENCA): 402-862-2411

Sac & Fox Reservation: 785-595-3501


Dorr & Clark Funeral Home: 402-245-2424

Hall Funeral Chapel: 402-245-3131

Hall Funeral Chapel: Auburn (collect) 402-274-3131

Wherry Mortuary-Humboldt: 402-862-2915

Nursing Homes:

Falls City Healthcare Community: 402-245-5252

Falls City Nursing and Rehabilitation: 402-245-4466

Colonial Acres-Humboldt: 402-862-3123

Assisted Living:

Jonesbrook Estates: 402-245-6033


Kex RX Pharmacy & Home Care: 402-245-2029

Veterans Service Office: 402-245-3722


Women, Infants and Children/Nutrition: 1-877-691-8381  Tecumseh office: 402-335-2988

Transportation for Seniors and/or Handicapped

Handi Bus transportation Richardson County: 402-245-3664

Richardson County Transit – SENCA
221 West 16th Street Falls City, NE 68355
Call: 402-245-3664
Fees: Fare varies by route
Area Served: Richardson County
“Service Description: Provides a county-wide transit service serving the general public with priority for the elderly and handicapped. Transportation operates on a regular schedule providing both local and out-of-area door-to-door service.”

League of Human Dignity – Lincoln
Disability Related Transportation
1701 P Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Phone: (402) 441-7871

“Basic Needs” Assistance (Shelter, Clothing, Non-emergent help, etc.)

Falls City Area Ministerial Association Inc. (FCAMA) Helpline:
*Important Notice: This phone line is not staffed full time and they do not have the available funds/items to help everybody’s situation.A shared ministry of the churches of the Falls City area, the FCAMA Helpline is a source for non-emergency, occasional aid for people in need of temporary assistance. Some common areas include: food aid (in the form of vouchers from Sun Mart), utility assistance, and gasoline assistance. Other assistance may be available by request, but will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis; in many cases, you may receive some assistance and be referred to other area agencies for additional help. To request assistance, call the number listed above and leave a brief message detailing your request. Please allow 2-3 days for a return phone call, as the line is staffed by volunteers. Most FC area churches support the helpline, and will likely refer you there if you contact them directly.

SENCA – Richardson County Outreach       -Food Pantry and Energy Assistance
Room 101, Courthouse Falls City, NE
Phone: 402-245-5284

  1. Rental assistance for eviction notices & first month’s rent. Must meet income guidelines, must have some form of income, must enroll & participate in Family Development Case Management. Can only assist one (1) time in a twelve month period. Can only help with one month rent.
  2. Utility assistance for shut off notices. Must meet income guidelines, must have some form of income, must enroll & participate in Family Development Case Management. Can only assist one (1) time in a twelve month period. Can only help with one month’s bill and the rest of the bill must be paid before I can pay anything.
  3. Can help with gas to doctor’s appointments only. Can only do this if you have to travel long distances, (i.e. Lincoln, Omaha, St. Joseph). Can only help with a limited amount. Will not fill tank. Can only do it every few months, not continual.
  4. Can also help with prescriptions. Must be a necessary medication. Can only do on a limited basis. One time a year usually. Cannot pay an entire medication if it is very expensive.

**Absolutely NO deposits, late fees or reconnect fees paid. Funding is usually very limited so rarely is SENCA able to pay the whole bill. The customer must pay their part before SENCA can pay. Also, cannot help with propane or phone bills.**

SENCA – North Richardson County Outreach
802 Fourth Street Humboldt, NE 68376
Phone: 402-862-2411
“Investing in our neighbors through education and partnerships to improve lives and build strong communities in Southeast Nebraska.”

SENCA – Project First
802 Fourth Street Humboldt, NE
Phone: 402-862-2411 ext. 105 or 1-888-313-5608
From website: “This project is known as Project First (Families in Residence with Support in Transition). Anyone needing these services or wanting to refer or find resources for homeless families may do so by contacting the Community Services Coordinator at the SENCA Central Office in Humboldt, NE.”

Education Services

Head Start– in Falls City, NE
320 W 14th Street
Falls City, NE 68355
Phone: 402-245-4983
Website: , “Youth Education” tab
Website information: “Head Start is a comprehensive child development program which serves children from age 3 to 5 and their families. This is a child-focused program and has the overall goal of increasing the school readiness of young children in low-income families. The program involves the whole family through the four cornerstones of Head Start: child development, family partnerships, community partnerships, and staff.”

Sixpence  402-245-3276

Parent-Child Center  Falls City North School  402-245-3005 or 402-245-2712

Sacred Heart Preschool – Falls City  402-801-0120 or 402-245-4151

Developmental Assessment – children
3901 North 27th Street, Suite 5 Lincoln, NE 68521
Phone: 1-888-806-6287
*Serving Nebraska

Planned Parenthood of the Heartland: 1-877-811-7526
Lincoln South Health Center 5631 S. 48th Street Suite 100 Lincoln, NE 68516

Planned Parenthood of the Heartland:  1-877-811-7526
Northwest Health Center 3105 N. 93rd St Omaha, NE 68134
Website information: “We are a trusted health care provider, an informed educator, a passionate advocate, and a global partner helping similar organizations around the world. Planned Parenthood delivers vital reproductive health care, sex education, and information to millions of women, men, and young people worldwide.”