Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
Community Medical Center, Falls City, NE is seeking a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our established Hospital Based Practitioner program. The Practitioner provides direct patient care in the emergency room, as well as assisting hospital practitioners in the med/surg setting to monitor inpatient care, conduct physical exams, and follow-up support. We offer competitive pay and benefits along with a flexible schedule working 7 out of 21 days and 24 and 48-hour shifts. BLS, ATLS and ACLS required upon hire. $20K sign-on bonus for provider with a minimum of 3 years experience.‚Äč Qualified candidates may submit a resume to: email@example.com.
Chief Clinical Officer
Due to retirement of successful, long-term incumbent, Community Medical Center is seeking a Chief Clinical Officer. This position, reporting to the CEO, is responsible for ensuring the successful operation of core clinical functions of our critical access hospital, providing oversight and leadership to key patient care areas, including nursing, emergency services, surgery, lab and imaging, and ensuring cooperation, aligned goals, and strong service among all clinical teams. Assists in strategic planning and implementing organizational procedures and processes related to standards of care to improve patient outcomes. Serves as part of the hospital’s executive management team.
A successful candidate will:
- Possess a Bachelor Degree and current licensure in nursing or another hospital-associated clinical field;
- Have ten years of clinical experience in an acute care hospital, especially critical access, with at least five years of management experience;
- Ideally, be well versed in rural emergency medicine and services;
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have a proven record of individual and team development, including use of varied approaches to work with different individuals, cultures and situations;
- Have strong knowledge of state and federal hospital and CAH guidelines;
- Seek input from multiple perspectives and encourage involvement while still being resolute when action is taken;
- Participate actively and well in leadership councils;
- Have a track record of showing appreciation and recognizing staff effort;
- Have a history of being able to see what needs to be done and of being able to achieve results;
- Have a deserved reputation for honesty, openness and commitment;
- Understand and appreciate medical staff and medical staff roles;
- Be able to balance administrative duties, leadership and interpersonal relationships, demonstrating that each is important;
- Know how to leverage information systems, electronic health records, and performance improvement methods to improve quality and processes;
- Be seen as a positive role-model in the organization and in the community;
We have a high degree of flexibility with this position. We are willing to consider candidates that have demonstrated success in some of the areas of responsibility but that have not yet gained deep experience in all areas referenced. If necessary, we would consider job duty and title modifications to give a new hire the opportunity to develop into the role.
Qualified candidates may submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Information Systems Specialist
Community Medical Center, Falls City, Nebraska seeks a full-time Clinical Information Systems Specialist to collaboratively work with the Information Technology Department and Clinical Administration teams to assist with the planning, implementation and support of the electronic medical record (EMR) and other relevant clinical and business applications. The position is primarily responsible for clinical process transformation for the development and implementation of the electronic medical record (EMR), but may also include other various IT related duties supporting such applications. Qualified individuals should be a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse currently licensed in the state of Nebraska and have a minimum of five years experience in healthcare or Health Information Technology. The position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to multi-task and establish working relationships with all levels of staff, management, physicians, and ancillary hospital departments. Understanding and experience with EMR/HIS implementations and/or MEDITECH applications preferred. EOE
Community Medical Center is taking applications for a Full Time Night Registered Nurse. The applicant is responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for patient. Assist in supervising the LPN-C, LPN, CNA, EMT-P and Unit Secretary for continuity of patient care. Collaborate with practitioners and other departments to provide treatments and procedures as necessary for the patient’s well being. Must be a licensed registered nurse with basic computer skills, detail-oriented and the ability to communicate effectively. New graduates of nursing school are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants please submit an online application. EOE Apply here.
Community Medical Center is seeking Paramedics to provide emergency room care as well as support to 911 emergencies. The position is for 12-hour shifts with a desired ability to provide additional 12-hour on-call coverage for the 911 emergencies.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Performs initial assessment and management of illness or injury to emergency patients in accordance with specific protocol and procedure.
- Prepares or assists in the preparation of patients for transport, ensuring compliance with emergency medical transport regulations, protocol, and procedure.
- Provides direct paramedical and comprehensive patient care as required in each individual case.
- patient assessment
- advanced airway maneuvers or care
- assisted breathing techniques, oxygen administration
- mechanical aid to breathing
- cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- bleeding control
- intravenous therapy
- administration of medications
- defibrillation and/or counter shock
- application of ECG monitor including 12 Lead
- bandaging techniques
- spinal restriction techniques
- vehicle extrication
- infection control techniques
- Nebraska licensed EMT-P.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Pediatric Advance Life Support preferred
- Valid Drivers License
- At least 1 year of experience in the field of pre-hospital EMS.
- Knowledge of and skill in the application of advanced paramedic protocol and procedures.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Knowledge of and skill in the application of basic on-site emergency medical protocol and procedures.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of emergency medical equipment maintenance regulations and policy standards.
Certified Nursing Aide
Community Medical Center is looking for C.N.A.’s. We are hiring for full time, part time and prn positions. C.N.A.’s work 12 hour shifts with every third weekend and holiday rotation. This position will administer patient care under direct supervision, maintain patient chart documentation, assist with patient admission, dismissal or transfer process, obtain and document patient vital signs, provide personal care to patients (bathing, dressing, etc.), report observations regarding patient condition to supervising RN for evaluation, assists nursing staff and physicians with procedures and examinations, OB training, attend departmental meetings, follow policies and procedures, and work scheduled hours, yet is flexible with schedule to meet the needs of the department. High School Diploma/GED equivalent preferred. Certified Nursing Assistant certificate and previous hospital experience preferred. Must also have CPR certification. Individuals may submit application online or mail it to: Community Medical Center, Attn: Human Resources, PO Box 399, Falls City, NE 68355. EOE