Community health and wellness is a priority at Community Medical Center.
CMC’s ongoing work is to provide educational and health activities for hospital staff and community members.
Goals: Partnering with businesses, schools, churches, parents, youth and retirees to promote and initiate health and well-being programs.
Studies show when partnerships are formed, active involvement begins and engaged community resources are utilized, it results in improved health, wellness and quality of life!
Current resources for community exercise implemented or sponsored by CMC are the following:
- Pick-up basketball at Prichard Auditorium
- Walking Club
- Jaycee Sand Volleyball
- Water Aerobics
- Cobblestone Fun Run
- Thanksgiving TURKEY TROT
- Falls City Sprint Triathlon
Community Activities & Outreach Events
- Pick-up Basketball at Prichard AuditoriumMonday evening, 8:30-10:30 p.m.
Basketball is for anyone in the community that is interested (and healthy enough to participate safely).
This is for anyone in the community that is interested in playing basketball (and healthy enough to participate safely). Youth, ages 13-18 can participate with an adult present or written permission from a parent or guardian. Those under 13 must have a parent, guardian or responsible adult present to participate.
The main goals are to stay safe and support fitness. Secondarily, it’s also a chance to make friends and let parents work with their children.
- Walking ClubMonday evening, 8:30-10:30 p.m. at Prichard Auditorium or outside at Stanton Lake and Jug Brown Stadium during warm weather months.
CMC is looking for an energetic group to partner with in organizing the Walking Club.
Contact Linda Santo at 402.245.6704 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Jaycee Sand VolleyballThe Jaycee Sand Volleyball League for 2016 had 15 teams participate.
Games are played through the months of July and August on Monday nights Cost; $100/team. Funds go back to the Jaycees general fund and maintenance and equipment of the sand volleyball league (nets/outlines, balls or to enhance overall area at Stanton Lake).
For 2016; Champion team was Top Gun, sponsored by Froeschl Flooring.
Link to sign up for next year’s league: www.fallscityjaycees.org
- Water AerobicsAt Falls City Aquatic Center through the months of June, July and August. Morning classes; Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 6:30 a.m. and evening classes Monday-Friday at 5:30 and 6:30 p.m. Lap swimmers welcome. Cost $40 per session Sign up here.
- Cobblestone Fun RunEstablished in 2009 by Community Medical Center staff, the Fun Run is held annually in August in conjunction with the Falls City Chamber/Main Street COBBLESTONE FESTIVAL. The event is a 1Mile walk, 5K walk/run or 10K run is a FUN run with a running clock. All proceeds are given to a local charitable organization to help support their community health & wellness outreach projects. Past benefactors have been; Richardson County Cancer Fund, Falls City Jaycees, Falls City Public School Booster Club, Sacred Heart School Booster Club, Falls City Volunteer Ambulance Squad, Community Medical Center new hospital building fund. Sign up here.
- Thanksgiving TURKEY TROTThis event is held the Saturday after Thanksgiving to help work off the holiday meal. It’s a 1Mile or 5K walk/run focused on family and community FUN.
The proceeds are given to a local charitable organization to help support their community health & wellness outreach project. Sign up here.
- Falls City Sprint TriathlonSWIM – 300 Meters BIKE – 15 K RUN – 5 K. “TRI” it as an Individual or “TRI” it as a Team of 3. Open to all individuals 15 years of age and older. Entry Fee: $55 for Individual or $135 per Relay Team
Link got more information & registration: http://www.fallscitynebraska.org/falls-city/news/?item=6257